Accountancy is a subject that asks for discipline, commitment and a calculative brain. This is especially when you are about to write a dissertation. You have to be logical towards all quotients and the buck begins at the title.
You may chart the subject through different spheres. Here are 5 avenues to choose the topic from –
- Direct taxes – Ask any commerce student what direct tax is and he will answer that it is their actual pain in the neck. The segment is complicated and so holds the faucets for unique researches and methodologies.
- Ethics – Accountancy leads itself to money and where there is money; there is necessity for ethics. Otherwise the whole logic of management will fall and become vitiated. You can conjure topics on the ethical front to render a clean image to the subject.
- Finance – The object of finance is so subjective that it takes Economics, Statistics and Accountancy all into the purview. You may assess the stability or wavering nature of enterprises or even country’s economy through accounting striations. Yes, it also allows brilliant scopes for Methodologies.
- Banking sector – The mouthpiece of Accountancy, if any, is the Banking sector. The perfection and uniformity of Banking has a lot to do with the strength of accounting standards. Needless to say, you can derive the topics from here without much fuss.
- Risk management – When the charts get too broad to negotiate, errors tend to creep in. These may result in economic catastrophe. You can deliver risk management ways to enterprises; states and even the planet depending on the subjectivity of the topic. For instance, any energy-driven accounting enterprise will have a global connection.
The changing trends
Now, the trends have changed and in a dynamic way. It is a lot easier to compare a country’s accounting parameters with another one and thus derive strengths. The audit committees know their jobs and the frauds know how to bypass them. Funnily, this much has not changed.
A neat mannerism
Your dissertation should work out a neat mannerism to propel your points and findings. This is irrespective of the avenue you cull out your topic from. You should do the basics and then add to it with some stolid decorations.
Do your comparative studies with fervor and synthesize the perspectives of luminaries. Also resort to fervent resourcing from genuine sources. Be passionate about the paper and the results will show. Make an endeavor to carve out a unique paper.
Before submitting academic paper to academic advisor, one needs to make sure that the work is properly formatted. Formatting changes with time, and format requirements differ depending on one’s faculty and study field. This article lists tips on formatting your undergraduate dissertation, thesis, or other academic documents.
- Choose a suitable template. The template for an academic document can be a MicrosoftWord.docx
or another template for Word 2010 for PC and Word 2011 for Macs. If your work is in an older version of Word, make sure that your document will be accepted by your professor.
- Use a formatting checklist. Keep a formatting checklist to keep track of details such as page numbers, tables of content, lists of figures, and page margins. Ask a faculty member to provide you with a most recent formatting guide and use it to compile a checklist. You can also retrieve a checklist online.
- Follow format of academic paper sample. Request a copy of academic document and format your work in the same way, referring to academic document of other students. Most mistakes are made on the title page, so pay attention to capital letters in the title, spacing, and line breads. List of graduation date and copyright information. Make sure that the title page is not numbered.
- Verify that parts are in correct order. Another common mistake is placing parts of academic paper in wrong order. Place the parts in needed sequence such as title page, table of contents, list of figures and tables, abstract, chapters, tables and figures, and references, followed by appendices.
- Make sure that format is consistent across the document. Read your work page by page to make sure that formatting does not differ on some pages. A consistent format attests to good quality of academic papers.
- Manage references with online citation tool. An academic project usually involved a large number of citations. A list of references is need for proper format of your academic paper. You will find it easier to manage the large volume of cited works with online citation tools. When utilizing the tool, simply enter the basic information such as title and name of authors, and the tool can produce a reference based on the data entered or copied from an academic journal.
- Formatting of academic papers does not have to be difficult. Follow these simple guidelines to producing quality undergraduate dissertation. Keep a checklist, have an academic document as a sample, and use online tools if you need assistance with the process of formatting and managing citations and references.