Accountancy is a subject that asks for discipline, commitment and a calculative brain. This is especially when you are about to write a dissertation. You have to be logical towards all quotients and the buck begins at the title.
You may chart the subject through different spheres. Here are 5 avenues to choose the topic from –
- Direct taxes – Ask any commerce student what direct tax is and he will answer that it is their actual pain in the neck. The segment is complicated and so holds the faucets for unique researches and methodologies.
- Ethics – Accountancy leads itself to money and where there is money; there is necessity for ethics. Otherwise the whole logic of management will fall and become vitiated. You can conjure topics on the ethical front to render a clean image to the subject.
- Finance – The object of finance is so subjective that it takes Economics, Statistics and Accountancy all into the purview. You may assess the stability or wavering nature of enterprises or even country’s economy through accounting striations. Yes, it also allows brilliant scopes for Methodologies.
- Banking sector – The mouthpiece of Accountancy, if any, is the Banking sector. The perfection and uniformity of Banking has a lot to do with the strength of accounting standards. Needless to say, you can derive the topics from here without much fuss.
- Risk management – When the charts get too broad to negotiate, errors tend to creep in. These may result in economic catastrophe. You can deliver risk management ways to enterprises; states and even the planet depending on the subjectivity of the topic. For instance, any energy-driven accounting enterprise will have a global connection.
The changing trends
Now, the trends have changed and in a dynamic way. It is a lot easier to compare a country’s accounting parameters with another one and thus derive strengths. The audit committees know their jobs and the frauds know how to bypass them. Funnily, this much has not changed.
A neat mannerism
Your dissertation should work out a neat mannerism to propel your points and findings. This is irrespective of the avenue you cull out your topic from. You should do the basics and then add to it with some stolid decorations.
Do your comparative studies with fervor and synthesize the perspectives of luminaries. Also resort to fervent resourcing from genuine sources. Be passionate about the paper and the results will show. Make an endeavor to carve out a unique paper.